Mayor Barrett’s Earn & Learn Summer Youth Employment Program is designed to provide Milwaukee County youth with the training and skills needed to make a successful transition from subsidized to unsubsidized employment. The primary goal is to introduce participating youth to the workforce and offer the best possible work experiences that provide the following:
• Structured, well-organized work-based learning experiences;
• Role models that encourage youth to continue in or return to school;
• Career assessment, awareness, and exploration as part of the learning experience and;
• Opportunities that may lead to unsubsidized employment for youth making the transition from school.
• Provide job readiness training that will assist the youth with preparing for private sector opportunities with training topics including soft and hard skill development, financial literacy, and safety in the workplace.
• Provide sector based career enrichment activities that will offer exploration within specific career sectors
See more here: Earn and Learn Press